A gala fundraising evening in support of the Victoria Symphony and Pacific Opera Victoria
The gala evening includes a fabulous tapas and wine reception, an array of intriguing silent auction items, a glorious concert, and a delectable post-performance dessert reception.
Soloists from the cast of Pacific Opera Victoria's The Marriage of Figaro will join the Victoria Symphony for a concert of some of Mozart's loveliest music.
Proceeds will benefit the Youth Education Programs of Pacific Opera Victoria and the Victoria Symphony
Black Tie preferred
Tickets: $250 per person
Contact Lorraine Tanner at the Victoria Symphony: 250.412.1980
or Maureen Woodall at Pacific Opera Victoria: 250.382.1641
Orders and donations may be delivered to
610-620 View St.
Victoria, BC V8W 1J6
Please make cheques payable to "Unforgettable 2014"Inquiries to
An irresistible selection of silent auction items includes getaways to Seattle and Vancouver, concert tickets, and special dinners, PLUS two once-in-a-lifetime experiences ... a chance to stage-manage a POV opera performance and see and hear everything that goes on backstage ... and an opportunity to conduct the Victoria Symphony on the 25th anniversary of the Symphony Splash (lesson included).
If you are coming to the gala, have a look at these fabulous auction items and be ready to bid. If you cannot attend, you may place an absentee bid by contacting Eric Charman at by 11 am, Sunday, April 13.
1. A Room with a View – Luxury Weekend in Vancouver. Starting Bid: $500
Enjoy a two-night stay on the Gold Floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver and two tickets to a Vancouver Symphony performance. Return airfare for two from Victoria is provided.
Generously donated by Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Harbour Air
2. Island Cuisine – Dinner for Four at Deep Cove Chalet. Starting Bid: $400
Dinner for four at the Deep Cove Chalet, including a chauffeured limousine to take you and your guests to and from the restaurant.
Generously donated by Deep Cove Chalet, LA Limousines
3. Private Classic Car Collection and Dinner for Four. Starting Bid: $500
Dinner for four at the home of car-restoration expert, Rudi Koniczek and a tour of his private multi-million dollar collection of rare and historically important automobiles.
Generously donated by Rudi and Patricia Koniczek
4. Goin' Down South – A Weekend in Seattle. Starting Bid: $500
Enjoy a two-night stay at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle and a concert by the Seattle Symphony. Package includes round trip on the Victoria Clipper.
Generously donated by The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Clipper Vacations, Seattle Symphony
5. Be a Conductor at the Symphony Splash! Starting Bid: $500
Take a conducting lesson with Maestra Tania Miller and conduct the Victoria Symphony during the 25th anniversary of Symphony Splash, August 3, 2014.
Generously donated by Tania Miller, Victoria Symphony
6. Storm Watching at the Wickanninish Inn. Starting Bid: $600
Drive to Tofino in a luxury Mercedes Benz and enjoy a fabulous two-night stay at the Wickanninish Inn during the storm watching season.
Generously donated by Wickanninish Inn, Three Point Motors
7. Music to My Ears – Victoria Conservatory of Music's Great 50th Anniversary Events. Starting Bid: $750
Celebrate the Victoria Conservatory of Music's 50th Anniversary with a year's worth of events!
* Uncork Your Palate, April 30, 2014
* VCM Garden Tour, May 10 and 11, 2014
* 50th Anniversary Jubilee Gala Concert, May 31, 2014
* Musical Luncheon, September 21, 2014
* Jubilee Victoria Stars Concert, September 27, 2014
* Oxygen Gala, October 2, 2014
* Jubilee Tribute Concert with Nikki Chooi, November 1, 2014
* Jubilee Victoria Stars Concert, January 24, 2015
* 50th Jubilee Grand Finale Concert, May 30, 2015
Bonus: A string quartet will play for your own private event.
Generously donated by the Victoria Conservatory of Music
8. Dine with the Maestros. Starting Bid: $750
Have an amazing dinner prepared by Maestra Tania Miller and Maestro Timothy Vernon for you and seven friends in the home of Jody Pilling and William Romeyn.
Generously donated by Jody Pilling & William Romeyn, Tania Miller, Timothy Vernon, Fairway Market, Everything Wine
9. Fairmont Chateau Whistler and a Rocky Mountaineer Train Journey. Starting Bid: $600
Enjoy a round trip between Vancouver and Whistler aboard the Rocky Mountaineer and spend two nights at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Generously donated by Rocky Mountaineer, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
10. Stage Manage an Opera Performance. Starting Bid: $400
Don a headset and stage manage an opera performance during Pacific Opera Victoria's 2014/15 season.
Generously donated by Pacific Opera Victoria
11. Patron of the Arts – Live Music in your Home. Starting Bid: $400
Enjoy a private 40-minute concert in your home, performed by one of the Victoria Symphony's small ensembles.
Generously donated by the Victoria Symphony
12. Luxury Wine Tour for Four. Starting Bid: $300
Travel to three wineries, a distillery, and a cider house on south Vancouver Island. Tour includes picnic lunch or lunch at a local bistro.
Generously donated by LA Limousines
13. Private Wine Tasting for Twelve. Starting Bid: $400
Enjoy an exclusive wine tasting in the private tasting room at Everything Wine.
Generously donated by Everything Wine
According to CRA regulations, items purchased in an auction are not eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
Parking: A flat rate of $10 is available to gala guests using the underground parkade at the Fairmont Empress. To receive this rate, guests may simply tell the attendant when they exit at the end of the evening.
Special Room Rate at the Fairmont Empress: $159 for Gala attendees staying overnight on April 13. Book online .
Egon Baumann Music Foundation
Chair: Eric Charman, CM, OBC, LL.D
Trustees: Mark Horne, Q.C, Heather Fisher
Egon Baumann was a passionate supporter of classical music. When he died, his Foundation was set up to continue to provide support to the leading music organizations in Victoria
All are welcome.