TD 30 and Younger Program
TD 30 and Younger is a free membership program that allows young audience members to experience live opera with Pacific Opera Victoria at a fraction of the cost of regular opera tickets.
Anyone who is aged 30 or under may sign up as a member.
Members are eligible to buy up to two tickets per performance for 50% off the regular adult ticket price on selected performances and seating sections.
How does TD 30 and Younger work?
- To get started, simply sign up ONLINE for your FREE TD 30 & Younger Membership.
- As a member, you will receive e-mails about 1 month before each opera with information and a promo code to use to buy your discount tickets online, in person, or over the phone up to one week before the performance.
- You can pick up your tickets when you come for the performance or you may pick them up in advance.
- You will need to show photo ID when you pick up your tickets.
- As a TD 30 and Younger Member, you will also receive our Enews, including our Keynotes newsletter, along with news about free lectures and events.
How do I get my discount tickets?
Once you have signed up for your TD 30 & Younger Membership, you will receive promo codes by email three to four weeks before each production. Tickets can be bought up to one week before the performance. An expiry date will apply to all promo codes, and will be included on your e-mail.
You may buy your tickets
- over the phone (250-385-0222)
- in person at the POV Box Office, 925 Balmoral Road
9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
- in person at either of the RMTS Box Offices:
- The Royal Theatre Box Office, 805 Broughton Street
10 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday; closed for lunch 1:30 to 2 pm
- The McPherson Playhouse Box Office, #3 Centennial Square
10 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday
You can purchase a maximum of two tickets for each eligible opera production using your TD 30 & Younger Membership.
Payment may be made
- By credit card
- By cash or cheque (for in-person purchases)
- By debit card (RMTS Box office only)
You may pick up your tickets
- in advance at either the POV or RMTS Box Offices during business hours. Online orders must be picked up at the RMTS Box Office.
- at the theatre up to 90 minutes before the performance.
You must bring valid photo ID showing your birth date when you pick up your tickets. NO exceptions, unless you are in Elementary or Secondary school, and not yet of an age to have photo ID such as a driver's license.
What kind of photo ID do I need?
- You will need a valid photo ID that shows your date of birth. Examples include:
If you are a child or young teen in Elementary or Secondary school, and not yet of an age to have photo ID, the requirement for photo ID may be waived.
- Driver's License
- Any other photo ID along with your birth certificate
Can I bring a guest? Does my guest also have to be 30 or younger?
- Your TD 30 & Younger Membership allows you to buy up to two tickets for yourself and a guest of any age – a friend, date, roommate, even a parent or grandparent! However, the tickets must be picked up by you, with your valid photo ID.
I'm a parent. Can I sign my child up for a Membership?
- Yes. You may use your own email address, but please make sure the TD 30 & Younger Membership is under your child's name. Although you may attend as your child's guest, your child must be present when you pick up the tickets, with absolutely NO exceptions.
- Also – have you heard about our Student Dress Rehearsal Program, offered through local elementary and high schools?
Does my Membership expire?
- Your TD 30 & Younger Membership will expire when you turn 31.
Are all POV Performances available to TD 30 and Younger members?
- Membership seats are available for all productions but not all performances. There is very limited availability for some operas. If you have questions about availability, please call POV's Box Office at 250.385.0222.
Where will my seats be?
- The seating will vary by performance, based on availability. We will indicate what sections contain eligible seating in our e-mails.
Can I exchange or refund my TD 30 & Younger Tickets?
- All ticket sales are final. There are NO refunds offered for tickets purchased through this program.
- Tickets may be exchanged for a fee, but only on other tickets available for TD 30 & Younger Members.
- If you need to exchange your tickets, please contact the POV Box Office at least one business day before the scheduled performance. Online orders must be exchanged through the RMTS Box Office (250.386.6121 or toll-free: 1.888.717.6121)
What else should I know?
- Latecomers will not be seated until intermission, so please arrive in plenty of time.
- We encourage you to arrive one hour early so you can join us at Robert Holliston's pre-performance lecture, which is free with your ticket.
- Pacific Opera Victoria tries to maintain a scent-free zone, so please be considerate to other patrons and refrain from wearing strong perfume or cologne to the theatre.
- No video, audio or photo recordings are allowed inside the theatre.
- Light snacks and beverages are available for purchase before the show and at intermission, but are not permitted inside the theatre.
- The length of each opera performance varies. Most performances last about 2 hours and 45 minutes, including an intermission. If you need information about a specific production, please contact POV's Box Office at 250-385-0222
To learn more, visit the web page about each opera! Start here!
If you have any other questions, we'll be happy to help you out:
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Office location: 925 Balmoral Rd, Victoria
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Office location: 925 Balmoral Rd., Victoria
Performances: The Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton St., Victoria